This notice is to inform you of the coming changes to the youth association’s ministries in Sydney. As you well know, the youth association continues to grow – attracting young people from various age groups.
It has been proposed and accepted to have two (2) youth ministry times on Sunday at SHAPS.
• Year 7–10 high school students: 5pm, followed by fellowship from 5:45pm to 6:30pm.
• Year 11–12 high school students: 7pm, followed by fellowship.
• All those aged between 18 and 23: 7pm, followed by fellowship.
• All those over the age of 24: 7pm, followed by fellowship.
The reasons for this change include:
• Limited serviceable facilities at SHAPS;
• Security reasons for young adults present at SHAPS till 9pm; and,
• Issues in the genre of material presented in bible studies (what is taught to a 24 year old youth can not be taught to a 14 year old youth).
Parents who will be dropping youth off to the 5pm session will be required to pick them up at6:30pm SHARP from the entry doors at SHAPS and NOT the front car park, street, or next door shopping centre. Please note that this change will take effect from Sunday 25 May 2014.
Please join us on Sunday 18 May, at 7pm to learn more about this new structure at the info night.
If you require further information, please contact the youth committee secretary Lena Kako on 04 888 YOUTH (96884) or [email protected].